The theme for this session is "fitness fun & games," so that's what Rita and I will try. You might remember from the last round of Kamp that we walk every morning for about an hour, give or take (a little less if we're in a hurry or it's hot, or a little more on the weekends). Well, when we get home from our walk, we're going to try to add on 10-15 minutes of play time. Then we'll add another session at night.
The timing for all of this is perfect, because:
1. It's National Walk Your Dog Week until Monday, the 7th. So get out there and walk!
2. It's National Pet Obesity Awareness Day on October 9th. According to APOP (the Assoc. for Pet Obesity Prevention) over half of all dogs and cats are overweight in the US!
|Can you see your dog's waist? (You might also look for your toes.)|
3. Our copy of The Dieting with My Dog Guide to Weight Loss & Maintenance just arrived! Just in time!
Rita and I will be consulting the book for ideas on how we can DO MORE together!
4. This all dovetails nicely with SlimDoggy (the host of FitDog Friday) and their partners' recent launch of PetsMove.org - all kinds of fun stuff going on over there, like... you could get a fun "Move your mutt" wrist band! (Move your mutt. Love it! Where can I get a t-shirt with that??)
But wait... there's MORE... You can enter a Rafflecopter giveaway HERE for these fun prizes:
- A $25 Amazon Gift Certificate to buy your dog’s favourite fitness toys
- An adorable Fido’s Fashion collar & leash set with a MagneClip clasp
- 1 of 10 Dogobie Flying Discs from Aerobie
- AND...Sue from For the Love of a Dog made this gorgeous dog lover "A Walk in the Park" paw print bracelet, complete with a gold dog collar & bone toggle clasp!
And thanks to SlimDoggy for sponsoring FitDog Friday!