|Rita in front of Bird Rock - with no birds on it at the moment|
(1) It's lovely - even the benches are pretty.
|Love these seahorse/shell benches, even if they are a little beat up|
|They have these mosaic benches in all different colors|
(3) There are nice views of the ocean and cooling ocean breezes.
|Rita doesn't care too much about the view.|
|Pacific Beach in the background|
(5) There's a very, very, very small park - but it's lovely! And big groups of pelicans often fly by which is super cool.
|Rita at the tiny park.|
|I think pelicans are super cool & prehistoric-looking|
(7) At low tide you can go down and check out the tide pools, but we've never done that, since it looks rocky and slippery and I'm not sure Rita would like it. Maybe one of these days we'll try it.
|Steps for surfers and folks who wanna check out the tide pools|
(9) It's a good workout! It's a long walk and we have to finish off with two very steep hills to get home!
Hope you enjoyed a little tour of Bird Rock in San Diego. If you're ever in the 'hood, you should check it out. There are a couple of spots where you can eat with your pup on the patio and it's a lovely walk!
No Mirth Watch Thursday tomorrow due to the holiday. Happy 4th everyone (who celebrates)!
Happy (oh-so-totally-not-) Wordless Wednesday!