I know... that's cheating. I'm usually such a rule-follower (like Maggie, the main character in What the Dog Ate), but, geez - 77 blogs is a lot!
|"Did we get the awards cuz we are cute, Momma?" No, Rita.|
Here are the awards in no particular order:
I was awarded this by Brown Dog CBR blog (CBR = a Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Hawkeye, or Hawk for short).
I'm supposed to answer 5 questions/nominate 20 bloggers, but I just picked this one question to answer:
- If you could change one thing, what would you change?
This is a toughie, cuz there's all that altruistic stuff you could pick and look like a good person ("I'd end world hunger!"), but to make this fun, let's say you can't go with any of that Miss America-type-answer fodder. So, if I could change ONE thing, I would switch the nutritional value of broccoli with that of full-fat ice cream. Seriously - what if ice cream was on all those "super food"/"best cancer foods" lists!? Am I right?
Super Sweet Award
We got this one from the adorable Coralee and Finn at Bark and Chatter blog
Awww. Thank you! Rules are to answer 5 sweets-related questions and pass the award on to a "baker's dozen" blogs. I love sweets (unfortunately!) so it was hard to pick a question, but I picked this one:
- What is your favorite sweet treat?
It's probably pretty easy to guess my answer, based on the above. I'll go with ice cream - mostly anything with some chocolate in it, although I also like pralines and cream ice cream. But pralines and chocolate cream - oh my.
THANKS CORALEE & FINN! It was super sweet to get this award!
The Liebster Award
|Picture this X4|
Since I got nominated 4 times, I'll do 4 random facts about me:
- I love the flavor of coconut, but hate the texture.
- One of my earliest memories is holding my birthday cake for a photo when I turned four. It was a white frosted cake with 2 pink frog candles and 2 green frog candles. (I don't know why, because I do not like frogs.) I was terrified I would drop it, because it was on my mom's good cake plate. (I look a little worried in the photo.)
- I worry a lot. (See #2)
- I could never be a vegan. (Our kitchen motto is: Don't Be Shy With the Cheese!)
The first nomination for this came from my good friend, Samantha Stroh Bailey. Here are 2 questions from Sam:
- What book could you read over and over again?
There are a few, but I think I'll go with Dickens' A Christmas Carol. I love the humor in it, and you can read it every couple of Christmases and it never gets old!
- Describe yourself with one adjective.
- Name one item on your bucket list.
The hubs and I are (doping controversies aside) big professional cycling fans. We were just saying two days ago, that we'd love to go see a selection of the "Spring Classics", especially the ones that involve racing over cobble stones (cuz we enjoy watching the suffering). We'd love to go see: Gent-Wevelgem and the Tour of Flanders (both in Belgium) and Paris-Roubaix, aka "The Hell of the North" (in France). This would include a lot of drinking of Belgian beers, eating of Belgian chocolates and eating everything in sight in France.
- Musician you'd like to be back-up singer for?
Was just discussing this with the hubs recently as well. I'd like to be backup singer for Depeche Mode. (I know some would argue with me, but David Gahan is the sexiest front-man ever.) We are going to see them in September and we can't wait.
- What would your last meal be?
The hubs' homemade pizza and, of course, ice cream for dessert. And a cocktail of some sort to go with the pizza.
- What’s your least favorite household chore?
Vacuuming stairs! Luckily we moved away from our carpeted-stairs home. Now we enjoy stair-free living! (So, I guess my new least fave chore is just plain ol' vacuuming.)
Finally, I was nominated by For the Love of Life - Alice's blog.
- What is your favorite game? (any form, board, cards, electronic, etc.)
I love word games, so I'll go with Boggle. I'm always trying to get the hubs to play with me, but he usually never wants to. (I have to let him include French words when we do play.)
- Do you use a book mark or do you fold the page?
I fold the corner with a magazine, but hate to do that in a "real" book! I always find a book mark instead, even if it's just whatever's handy - my reading glasses, a torn piece of paper, etc.
Thanks again to everyone! We are sending muchas pooch smooches your way!