So, today, to hopefully help make people more aware about pet cancer, there's no mischief on the blog... instead, we've got some pet cancer detection tips and a little giveaway!
Several years ago, the hubs and I did a canine cancer walk to raise money for Morris Animal Foundation. At that event they said that ~25% of all dogs will get cancer.
|Our familial unit back in 2011 at the MAF Canine Cancer Walk|
- Any new lumps on your pet's body - be sure to run your hands over your pet often, feeling for growths
- Don't forget to look for growths and abnormalities inside your pet's mouth!
- Big changes in your pet's: weight (again, running your hands over your pet often will help with this), appetite and/or activity level
- Unusually strong odors coming from your pet, or any discharge or blood from any body opening
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Persistent lameness or limping
A Giveaway - Just in Time for Christmas Shopping
My second novel, Rescue Me, Maybe - gold medal winner in the Readers' Favorites "Fiction-Animals" category and a USA Today bestseller - deals with the subject of canine cancer, so I thought it would be fitting to have a little giveaway. So, one lucky winner will receive a signed paperback.
You might be thinking, "egad, I don't want to read a book about canine cancer! Too sad!" While I admit there are some sad parts, the book is funny and ultimately happy and hopeful. (I promise - no sad endings ever in my books!) You don't have to take my word for it that it's funny - here's what The Prescott Dog magazine had to say: "Read this book... only if you like humorous, well-written stories that include loveable dogs and likeable humans."
To enter, just is leave a comment below. (If you've already read the book, go ahead and enter - it makes a great Christmas gift for a dog-loving friend or family member!)
The giveaway is open to US only. (Sorry everyone else...) Be sure I know how to find you (if you're new to the blog, leave your email address AT domain DOT com in your comment so I can contact you!). The winner will be chosen on Sunday, Nov. 23 using Random.org, and announced on next week's Monday Mischief post.
Thanks to Snoopy’s Dog Blog, Alfie’s Blog, and My Brown Newfies for hosting Monday Mischief!