Hi Everypawdy! I know I make this whole supermodel dog thing look easy, but it actually takes a bit of work. Today I'm going to share what I know so you too can feel your best, or at least look your best in pictures.
1. Stretching: This is super important. I never get up and go anywhere in the morning without a good long stretch first. Unfortunately, my mom is too slow with the camera in the morning to catch me doing my doga routine, so I've asked my good friend Kermit to demonstrate my #1 favorite stretch: downward-facing dog. (Or in this case, downward-facing frog.) Basically, stick your tail up in the air, and push back toward your hips. Awwww. So rejuvenating.
2. Cardio: This is integral to keeping fit and trim. Find something you love that gets your heart rate up. At least an hour a day keeps me looking my best! (Hey, I didn't say this would be easy...)
|Running is the best exercise!|
|Water aerobics is also good. Here I am following the instructor's lead.|
[A note from the videographer... they have this thing on YouTube where you can (supposedly) edit your videos after you post them. I tried to add music and edit this a hair to rotate it. But it has been telling me it's processing my edits for like over an hour now so I give up. We'll see what happens.]
4. Water: Be sure to stay hydrated while you are working out! I recommend having your lackey carry your water for you, and being at the ready whenever you feel thirsty.
6. Rewards: It's not ALL hard work; be sure to include some rewards for yourself so you don't feel deprived. If you are good and follow my advice every day, you'll see that you can reward yourself on the weekends with, oh, say a double cheese burger and fries and a shake, and you still won't gain an ounce!
If your goal is to lose weight, these 6 mostly-easy steps will help! Or, consider the fact that losing a limb is a great way to shed those extra pounds!!
Looking Your Best in Photos
Now, if all that sounds like too much trouble, and your idea of a cardio workout is pointing the remote at the TV, then here are some of my best modeling secrets so you, too, can look good in pictures.
1. Know your angle! Always try to look your slimmest in photos. Stand a little bit to one side and, if you have an extra leg, tuck it in behind the forward leg. If you don't have that pesky extra leg thing, than this is not a problem. Be sure to practice in front of the mirror and find your best angle. This is my best angle for looking my supermodel-skinniest!
2. Know your best color! For me, it's pink. But I also look good in just about any color. It's kind of a gift...
3. Know your WORST angle! Try to never let anyone take a picture of you from behind. (Does this sage brush make my butt look big?)
If you follow my simple advice, you too will be ready for your close up!